Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Clearly Spotted Twin Post with Simply Stylish Nails!

Hi Guys,

Today I have a really special twin post with my COUSIN! :D thats right! My close cousin Genevieve went and started her own blog called Simply Stylish Nails.  The blog title is so fitting!
 And so today we're going to be doing a double twin post using the Maybelline Clearly Spotted top coat. We're also submitting the looks created into the Born Pretty Halloween contest. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Heres my take:



To create the look above, I used:

  • China Glaze Trendsetter
  • Maybelline Clearly Spotted
  • DRK-A (web)
  • BM13 (Spider)
  • Cult Nails Nevermore (stamping)
  • Studs (Provided for review from Born Pretty)



Maybelline Clearly Spotted is a black and white glitter top coat. I'm happy to report that this nail polish has no bar glitter, which I personally don't care for all that much-(thank you Marta for pointing THAT fact out to me!). What you see is one coat, with a few dabs with the brush to fill in the gaps. The glitter is pretty dense, and the base was thick so I added a few drops of thinner (2-3 drops- not a ton), it helped a lot. A large white glitter was placed on the web from DRK-A.



Everyone knows China Glaze Trendsetter is either a take it or leave shade. Some love it, some hate it. I still don't really know where I stand shade wise. I obviously don't use it that much, but I really have no beef with the green. Looking at it objectively, I had no issues what-so-ever with the formula. If you love this colour you can probably find it for really cheap somewhere!

Thank you to Gen of Simply Stylish Nails for being my twin poster for the day! Please check out her blog and twitter!

And thanks to you guys for reading! I hope you all have a great day! :D

xoxo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...